Group Guidelines for the Divorce Proofing Facebook Group
- Be respectful of others at all times. Even if you disagree with them. Remember, our differences are our strengths.
- Ask questions about how to handle specific communication issues, boundary violations, behaviors, etc.
- Talk about what works for your family. Tell us about when you tried something different and it worked for you.
- Describe family rituals and traditions that enrich your life
- Tell us about your favorite books/movies/podcasts, especially those that have helped you in your relationships
- Celebrate other members for their wins and offer your support when they are going through a hard time
- Share about your child’s innate strengths and tell us about their milestones!
- Talk about inspiring role models. Who is motivating you and in what way?
- Ask for the support and encouragement you need
- Be inspired by other parents and families
- Create a relationship with your teen that is authentic and awesome.
- Reach out to a therapist in your home area if you are having difficulties with your teen’s needs or your own.
- Don't talk about child abuse, suicidal thoughts or plans, or make threats to others. The group administrator is a mandated reporter. These behaviors will be reported to the appropriate authorities in all cases. If your location cannot be determined, a report will be made to Facebook.
- Don't overshare about your child or family. This is a space to help you teach your kids about healthy relationships. Protect their privacy and dignity if you choose to post about your teen.
- Don't include specific identifying information including your teen's name, other parent’s info, school attended, photos or contact info. YOU are responsible for protecting your child above all.
- Don't shame, blame or accuse other group members. Do not tell them how they should have handled a situation. Ask clarifying questions instead.
- Don't post any websites, products or services without permission.
- Don't add other people to the group without their permission.
- Don't solicit the business of other group members through private messages.
PLEASE NOTE: Violating the group rules will result in you being removed from the group and blocked from requesting membership again in the future.
Remember, this is not a group designed to provide therapy or emergency support.
This group may not be monitored on a daily basis and should not be used to obtain help in an emergency situation. If posts are made about abuse, suicide or threats of violence they will be addressed as soon as possible by the admin.
If you are experiencing an emergency, please use one of the following options:
- National Suicide Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
- Call 911
- Go to your nearest hospital emergency room